Tuesday, May 10, 2016

"I want to learn what I need to do to FIX the pain" : Katherine's Success Story

“I had severe neck and shoulder pain for about three months. I thought that it might have been a pinched nerve or stressed muscle but I wasn’t quite sure exactly what was wrong or what I needed to do to fix it. In the past when I had these problems, I would get a massage and be good to go. The massage didn’t work so a friend of mine suggested that I go to a chiropractor. Unfortunately, the chiropractor wasn’t going to be a good fit for me because after an initial consultation, x-rays and a follow up appointment, I was told that I would have to come back for follow up treatments 2 times a week for 18-20 weeks. This was NOT an option for me. 

I am a super busy person who is constantly in motion and I didn’t have the time for this type of treatment. Now, you are likely thinking- why didn’t you go to a doctor? The reason being: I am not a big fan of our traditional medical system. I don’t want to take any medications to ease pain. I want to learn what I need to do to FIX the pain. I was seeking other options that I thought would be more cost effective and I was worried that Physical Therapy would be way out of my price range. But I had enough. 

At the suggestion of another friend and after hearing about my roller-coaster ride, I walked into Maccio PT and met Joe. That day I was in severe pain. I couldn’t bend down to put on my shoes or move the right half of my body without screeching out in pain. This was absolutely no way to live and I didn’t care how much it cost- if they could help me, it was going to be worth it. 

Maccio got me in that day and after the first two stretches I was able to move my head, neck and shoulder. It was nothing short of amazing. 

I got stretches to do at home and I had all that I needed to care for myself at home. Two weeks later I had full range of motion again. I can’t tell you how grateful I am for the amazing care and expertise of the Maccio Physical Therapy team. It is without question that I recommend them.” 

–Katherine, May 2016

1 comment: