Monday, June 13, 2016

From Pain Meds Every Four Hours to No Pills: Andrea's Success Story

“I woke up on a Monday morning with sharp, chronic pain in my neck and shoulders. The pain went from zero to 10 overnight. It was many weeks of ibuprofen daily, trying massage, acupuncture, ice, heat and inflammatory meds with little success. A visit to the orthopedist told me it was likely a bulging or dislocated cervical disc. I did physical therapy [elsewhere], still with no results. It had been 5 to 6 weeks of constant, debilitating pain (8-9 out of 10). When a friend suggested Maccio Physical Therapy, I was able to get an appointment the same day. From my initial assessment and exercises, to follow up over the following weeks, Joe Jr. helped me to regain mobility and reduce pain levels. It was fabulous to actually witness myself going from four Ibuprofen every four hours, to two every four hours, to two every eight etc. Within a few more weeks, no more pills! The McKenzie Method is gentle and effective and Maccio PT is highly recommended!” 
– Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment