Thursday, July 25, 2019

Don’t get stuck with a wrong diagnosis and constant back pain


4 years ago while pregnant with my daughter I developed anterior derangement. I couldn’t sleep without pain, stand for an extended period of time without my back locking and in intense pain even after delivering her. I ignored my pain for four years and it became extreme. I was referred to Maccio Physical Therapy and with a few exercises and 3 appointments I can walk, stand, lift and sleep without pain. I am so grateful to Dr. Maccio and I appreciate how thorough and caring his whole team is. I was told the pain was because of my weight but now I know it is from arching my back while pregnant.
-Jamie
*Anterior derangements are relatively rare, but do occur certainly during and after pregnancy as well as with weight lifting and for individuals who have to stand for long periods of time. It is one of the easiest derangements to sort out and treat and usually responds as quickly as it did for Jamie. 

1 comment: