Monday, August 20, 2012

Our most recent Success Story

For the past 3 years I have had back pain, pain in both knees (arthritis), weakness in my right leg and foot, and my balance was terrible which led to fear of falling. Last year I had surgery on my left knee for a torn meniscus. After several attempts from doctors and two different therapy groups, I was referred by my doctor to Maccio Physical Therapy. At 63 years of age and after the previous attempts, I felt this was my last chance before I purchased a wheel chair. I could only walk from my house to the car and any further distance, I rented a wheel chair. I wasn’t very hopeful. My first appointment I was impressed by the professionalism and friendliness of the staff. My therapist is Joe (Jr.). He was very thorough going through my medical history and he started to work right away. After two visits I could not believe the difference. When I started I could just about make it into the office and I held on to the walls, chairs, anything. Joe gave me exercises to do at home and told me they needed to be done. The progress was so fast and impressive, I couldn’t believe it. When I had a bad day I was sure I was returning to my original condition but Joe reassured me and pushed me to continue. He didn’t let me slip back. At this point I am walking the parking lot five times, I am shopping, joined a gym, and I am looking forward to walking in Disney World. This is truly due to Joe and the Maccio Therapy staff. My gratitude and thanks will be hard to express but if I can ever do anything please do not hesitate to ask. -Deborah A.

No comments:

Post a Comment