Thursday, April 30, 2020

"My Telehealth Experience"


"Right before the “New York On Pause” social distancing protocols were put in place I started physical therapy for my hip. I had sustained an injury that resulted in an ER visit due to the extreme pain. After two visits in person I decided to try a Telehealth visit through the Google Meets platform with Joe Jr. He was able to observe my hip movements and easily make corrections to my exercises. I have been engaging with him through video bi-weekly and am experiencing much progress with my painful injury. I am no longer limping and he is able to spot through video when I am not doing the exercises correctly. 
The idea of physical therapy through video seemed counter-intuitive at first but I am glad that I decided to give it a try! I normally travel almost an hour for my appointments since I have found that the Mckenzie Method that they practice to be extremely helpful, so it is indeed a silver lining that I am able to save time on my commute as well."  

No comments:

Post a Comment