Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Marilyn tries MDT after 3 years of "just living with" her pain

“I have suffered with achilles tendinitis for 3+ years. I had taken medication to relieve the near constant pain, but did not want to take it forever. I had seen a podiatrist and gotten a cortisone shot that only helped for 3 weeks. I decided to just live with the pain up until recently, when a friend recommended her podiatrist to me. I thought maybe I would give it one more try. Since I have been in pain for so long, the doctor said to try PT first for 6 weeks.
Another friend has just recently mentioned how much Maccio has helped with her back and explained the McKenzie Method. So I thought I’d try Maccio even though I live in Clifton Park. The first appointment was so encouraging. I was given an exercise to do and I immediately saw a HUGE improvement.
Since I had such amazing results, I wanted to see if they could help with my almost-constant lower lumbar pain that I “just live with.” For the next several weeks, I had foot and back exercises and am now 95% pain free!
Since my issues have been so long-standing, the last little bit to 100% will take a little more time. I am happy to be able to exercise and sit without pain. The best part is that Joe, Kelsey, Sam and Lindsay have given me the tools that will allow me to manage my pain; so when I sense some back pressure, I know what to do to alleviate it. I don’t have to use meds or wait to get an appointment.
Although I also want to say that this was never an issue- I was always encouraged to call if I had a problem (I did once and was called right back) and I could easily get my appointments. I will recommend Maccio to all my friends. Thank you for being patient with me, encouraging me, educating me and “healing” me!”
-Marilyn, July 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment